Friday, February 25, 2011

Thank You Dinner For the Arts Council

Everyone has had something in their life that "saved" them from a hard time or a trial in their life. Sometimes that lifesaver is a sport, or a person, or a hobby. For me it was Musical Theater. All throughout Junior High I was a Cheerleader for the American Fork Cavemen! Being a Cheerleader was something I had always wanted to be and getting the chance to perform dances in front of a crowd and cheer on my friends while they played a great sport was a dream. When I reached the 9th grade I had the choice to try out for the High School cheer squad or audition for Musical Theater. Having done Musical Theater my whole life I decided that it would be a talent that would be beneficial and one that I could use for the rest of my life. With that said I auditioned for the High School Musical Theater Department and ended up making it. Little did I know that Musical Theater would be the reason I made it through high school. I wouldn't say I was ever the most popular girl or ever had the most friends but people knew who i was whether it was for the good or the bad. As most people would agree high school was a time in my life that i would never want to re live but if i ever had to relive it...i know that one decision that i made my Freshman year of High School of whether or not to audition for Musical Theater or try out for the Cheer Squad would be the same. So the real reason i shared this personal story is because on February 15th I was asked to perform for the members of The American Fork Arts Council at a Thank You Dinner that the city put on to thank them for all of their hard work. I just want to them to know along with teachers, coaches, and directors you have one of the most important jobs. You will and have changed the lives of many and will continue to do so. Thank you for what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment